The Stephen and Harriet Myers Residence is currently the centerpiece of the Underground Railroad Campus. The Residence was built in 1847 by Black Sloop Captain John Johnson. It was the home of Stephen and Harriet Myers and their four children in the mid-1850s, at which time it was also the office and meeting place of the Vigilance Committee, and it was the place to which over 50 Freedom Seekers were directed to request assistance. Stephen Myers was born enslaved in New York State. Upon obtaining his freedom, he, along with his wife Harriet, became the central figures in Northeastern New York’s Underground Railroad movement. Click here for more information.